Lower Blue Lake and

Lower Blue Lake and "S4"

Lower Blue Lake, "S4" (prominent), and "S5" (beneath the moon) from the northern shoulder between Gilpin and Dallas. September 2010.
WalksWithBlackflies
on Aug 17, 2011 3:22 pm
Image Type(s): Scenery
Image ID: 738393

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-5 of 5
MarkDidier

MarkDidier - Oct 5, 2011 9:30 pm - Voted 10/10

That Lower...

...Blue Lake sure is incredible. I loved the Blue Lakes area. My new favorite spot in Colorado.

It's pretty scary. I checked out your Colorado wish list...and a lot of that is on mine. A long trip into Oso sounds incredible. Wetterhorn Basin was my second choice behind Blue Lakes Basin for this year's trip. Now the only question to answer is if I am going back to the San Juans in 2012 or to Wyoming!!!

WalksWithBlackflies

WalksWithBlackflies - Oct 6, 2011 9:08 am - Hasn't voted

Re: That Lower...

I keep thinking of going somewhere different, but my San Juan wish list never gets any shorter!

WalksWithBlackflies

WalksWithBlackflies - May 25, 2012 3:00 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: That Lower...

I just booked it... San Juans in late August 2012!!!

MarkDidier

MarkDidier - May 27, 2012 9:51 am - Voted 10/10

Re: That Lower...

Funny...I just bought my airline ticket last Thursday. Plans are to split up Labor Day week between the Holy Cross Wilderness and Sangres. Do you know where you are heading to in the San Juans?

WalksWithBlackflies

WalksWithBlackflies - May 29, 2012 10:14 am - Hasn't voted

Re: That Lower...

I still need to whack up Oso via Lost and Hidden Lakes from the Vallecito River valley (3rd time a charm?). I'll probably combine that with the Eolus group either directly from the Vallecito River side (trailless), or hike up and over the ridge to Chicago Basin. Wetterhorn Basin is also high on my wish list. Maybe some 13ers such as the Grenadiers. Outside of the San Juans... Capitol, Longs, Crestones. The list never gets shorter.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5