Main Trail

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 34.30670°N / 117.2281°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Start from the rifle range parking area described on the main page.

Route Description


From the parking area just outside the Rifle Range, follow the main trail around the western side of the rifle range up the canyon/riverwash to the west. The trail proceeds for ~1/4 to 1/2 mile and then takes a sharp right (north) up a steep hill. Follow to the top of the hill where the trail proceeds west again down into the main meadow (also known by climbers as the "Center of the Universe"). At the trail junction with the meadow, the main trail stays to the right (north) up a canyon that is fairly obvious. At the top of this canyon, the trail cuts over a ridge line to the west and tops out right next to the largest rock in the Pinnacles "The Bong". From this saddle the summit is obvious to the west across a small bowl. To the south of this saddle is Rotten Rock Valley.

Essential Gear


No ropes are necessary for this route, but a map is recommended. Long pants are desireable as wood ticks are very common. The hike is easily completed one way in 1-2 hours, but can be very hot and dry. Two liters of water are recommended, and possibly more in the summertime.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.