Maramureş Comments

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
yatsek

yatsek - Nov 20, 2010 5:56 am - Voted 10/10

Taxonomy

I find this page really interesting, however, it deals with the culture rather than with the mountains themselves, so IMO, to go well with the core SP stuff, it should be classified as an album, custom object or TR – not an area page.

LukZem

LukZem - Nov 20, 2010 6:08 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Taxonomy

I hope, now - after several dozens of km of arduous hike in the wildest mountains of the Carpathian arc - I am qualifyed to do it. What do you think ERIC?

visentin

visentin - Nov 20, 2010 6:14 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Taxonomy

Lukzem, you're now owner.
Can you still keep me a little corner in the page where I could keep the little cultural stuff ? Thanks

LukZem

LukZem - Nov 20, 2010 7:00 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Taxonomy

Thanks to your offer, but my intention wasn't to be the owner of your page - its your work, not mine. The only problem was with AREA/RANGE classification. I hope, now you agree with ALBUM status. If you agree, you are allowed to do everything you want...

LukZem

LukZem - Nov 20, 2010 10:49 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Taxonomy

Please Eric, there is no need to have 2 AREA/RANGE pages dealing with Maramures area. Your page is about culture, our new one about mountains, so if you won't agree with reclassification of your page to ALBUM, delete my ADMIN (OWNER) priviledge, otherwise I will do it by myself. I am responsible for MARMAROSH MOUNTAINS page only!!!

peterbud

peterbud - Nov 20, 2010 2:08 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Taxonomy

Patience Lukas, perhaps Eric did not read the previous note yet. The issue will be sorted out, I am sure. I have replaced the links on the Carpathians page, by the way.

visentin

visentin - Nov 21, 2010 5:24 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Taxonomy

Lukzem, the question was already debated. The real issue is: does it make sense to group all in the same region when the border is so hermetic from the visitor's point of you. You described the border problems very well.
My opinion about is is no, but it's only mine. I thought that you shared it, but I suspect we misunderstood each other. Please confirm.
As for the culture/mountains separation. I don't agree. Romanian Maramures has also mountains and hiking terrain, less high for sure but it does. Similarly Ukraine has also culture stuff that could be developed, which you did not.
I appreciate moderately your initiative to create alone a Maramorosh page that is finally meant to cover both countries, and declare unilaterally that mine should be an album for the simple reason there is less hiking material in it. This is not very much accordingly to the SP rules (chapter 35).
The way you auto-proclaimed yourself the right person for the job, "having walked so much distance in the wilderness", disturbs me a bit. Have you asked me a single time what exactly did I do in this area ? For sure less than you. But is it a reason ?
The goal is not to argue, so I propose you one of the two following solutions, since you have about as much hiking material than I have cultural material:
- Keep 2 areas pages for each country: yours for UA, and the RO one that we would share : hiking stuff for you, cultural stuff for me, but of course only if you want. Sure my current page of course needs to be rewritten to meet the standards.
- Or, one global page for both countries that you OWN but that we SHARE.
You must recognize that your page, as it is now, doesn't meet the standards as well, when it comes about describing the Romanian side, except the couple of places you described on the border. In this case it would be logic to keep me at least one chapter, where I would recompile my stuff (my own page is poor I recognize), along with Tomek's experience in the Vaser valley. Then the current page will remain as a textless album or a TR.
According to the consensus met in this thread, it would be also necessary to put a bilingual title as the area covers two countries.
Let me know what seems the best to you.
Eric

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Maramureş' main page