Marsh Peak Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-10 of 10
SabineInUtah

SabineInUtah - Jul 20, 2020 9:23 pm Date Climbed: Jul 10, 2020

Nice hike!  Sucess!

Spent 3 nights camping out along Forest Road 027 from Red Cloud Loop Road and hiked the peak with RDB from the campsite. Beautiful weather, but very warm. Lots of mosquitoes in the morning on the approach! Amazing views of the High Uintas Wilderness, Flaming Gorge, and Ashley Twin Lakes! About a 10 mile RT hike from our campsite at 0.6 miles from the junction with FR 017. Nobody else on the peak, but a few people on the road to Ashley Twin Lakes. I'm trying to post a trip report, but having technical problems that hopefully will be resolved soon ...

aobbard

aobbard - Sep 3, 2019 10:29 am Date Climbed: Sep 1, 2019

Eastern end of the Uintas  Sucess!

Great hike, pretty easy. Nice perspective, as it was my first time in the Eastern-most Uintas. There's nice camping about 0.5 miles up the final 4WD road en route to TH. About a mile further I parked and walked, although road was still quite passable for high-clearance 4WD, but not much faster going than walking. If you do drive to the TH, mileage is 2.3 miles to the peak. No register.

nader

nader - Oct 20, 2017 10:15 pm Date Climbed: Sep 5, 2017

Marsh Peak  Sucess!

Nice and sunny but very hazy. Did not see anyone.

pinto

pinto - Oct 31, 2012 4:52 pm Date Climbed: Aug 26, 2012

Should have...  Sucess!

...climbed up a long time ago.

Props

Props - Aug 26, 2012 8:40 pm Date Climbed: Aug 26, 2012

Nice Day  Sucess!

Nice hike, nice view, nice day!

ZeeJay

ZeeJay - Aug 4, 2012 12:49 pm Date Climbed: Aug 2, 2012

Nice area  Sucess!

Bushwhacked up the SE ridge from Forest Road 017. Went over P11112, Marsh Peak, P12142, Fish Lake Peak (12060), and P11951. Skirted everything on the way back and descended the south ridge back to the road. Below about 10600' (on both ridges) there was lots and lots of deadfall everywhere making the going slow and tedious.

Udink

Udink - Oct 17, 2007 2:12 pm Date Climbed: Jul 28, 2007

East Slope, July 28, 2007  Sucess!

This was a nice summer hike. I camped a mile or so short of the specified parking area (near the post). The roads were very rough, and it is probably worth camping just before the road gets rough, then hiking in the rest of the way. Instead of heading directly up the east slope of Marsh Peak, I followed the trail farther and made my ascent directly up the south slope. It was less steep than the eastern slope, and there are more grassy areas and fewer rocks--overall, much more dog-friendly. :)

After the hike, I still had time to make it to Fantasy Canyon just before sunset, and I made it back home to Price before midnight.

JLarsen

JLarsen - Dec 30, 2006 10:27 pm Date Climbed: Jul 13, 2006

West Ridge  Sucess!

This was a fun short summit while we were backpacking into Fish Lake.

Kessler

Kessler - Dec 12, 2005 11:25 am

Route Climbed: East Slopes Date Climbed: September 30, 2005  Sucess!

Climbed with Dad.

Scott

Scott - Oct 3, 2005 11:36 am

Route Climbed: See below Date Climbed: July 1994, September 30, 2005  Sucess!

In July 1994, I climbed Marsh Peak and Fish Lakes Peak with my wife, from Paradise Park, but she didn't want to go to the summit (this was not long after we were married and she hadn't done much of this yet).



I climbed Marsh again from Ashley Twin Lakes with my 3 year old son, Kessler. It was a great day. Kessler said that Marsh Peak must be the toughest mountain in the world, but I told him there are tougher ones. Now he says it must be one of the toughest mountains in the world. Eight miles round trip, much of it off trail. It took 9 hours including one hour on the summit.

Viewing: 1-10 of 10
Return to 'Marsh Peak ' main page