Massachusetts County Highpoints

Massachusetts County Highpoints

Massachusetts, United States, North America
Page Type Page Type: List
Sign the Climber's Log

The High points of Massachusett's counties

There are 14 counties in the Bay state, all of them have a high point.

Barnstable County:

Pine Hill, is 306 feet above Sea Level. It's on military land, so you will have to call ahead. It's a medium sized hill for the cape.

Berkshire county:

Mount Greylock, is the state HP and at 3,491 feet it will take a bit of a hike to reach the summit. The road to the summit is still closed.

Bristol County:

Unnamed peak. Its 390 feet ASL, and is just inside the town of North Attleborough.

Dukes County:

Peaked Hill. This hill is 311 feet high and can be seen from the ferries heading over to the vineyard. The day I visited, the fog didn't allow for visibility.

Essex County:

Holt Hill. This cohp lies off of SR 125. it lies on the town line of North Andover and Boxford. The nearest hp to Holt, is Boston Hill. Holt Hill is 420' feet ASL.

Franklin County:

Crum Hill. Crum Hill lies in the town of Monroe. The height is 2,841 feet.

Hampden County:

Round Top Hill. Round top, lies in the southwestern corner of the town of Chester. it's 1,794 feet high.

Hampshire County:

West Mountain, lies in the northwestern corner of Plainfield. The elevation of West Mountain is 2,125 feet.

Middlesex County:

Nutting Hill lies outside of Middlesex County, however this part of the hill is in Middlesex County. It's a mere mile south of the New Hampshire border. 1,580 feet ASL.

Nantucket County:

Sankaty Bluff is part of the Saul's Hills range. it is the highest point on the island. 111 feet ASL.

Norfolk County:

Perhaps one of the most famous mountains in MA. Great Blue Hill, is that massive mountain that you see as you drive down 128. At the top, lies the transmitter for WGBH 89.7 FM. The Blue hill weather observatory is also located here. 630 feet ASL.

Plymouth County:

Lying off of SR 3A in the Pine hills, lies Manomet Hill. it's one of the less imposing hp's in the Bay State, with just 395 feet.

Suffolk County:

West Roxbury contains Bellevue Hill. Bellevue Hill is marked by two water tanks and a lone tree. 330 ASL.

Worcester County:

You've all heard the ads in the winter, head to wa-wachusett. Wachusett Mountain, lies off of SR 140 in Westminster. In the winter the mountain is open to skiing. There is a road up to the summit. The summit is graced by radio towers. height is 2,006 feet ASL.

link to MA CoHP's

http://www.cohp.org/ma/massachusetts.html