Matterhorn views - Summer 2006

Matterhorn views - Summer 2006

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Alpine Climbing, Scenery, Panorama

Add Heading here

When I was in Zermatt end of August / beginning of September 2006 for a few tours (Breithorn, Pollux...), I had the chance to see "the Horn" in complete different conditions within very few days.

At that point in time Matterhorn was more or less inapproachable - there was too much snow - the horn hasn't been climbed for several weeks. Already the way up to the Hörnli hut was not so easy (lots of loose snow) in the ferrata-like sections towards the end. The Hörnli hut was more or less empty - far away from the crowded scenarios you can read about in literature... ;)

This album is a collection of the best photos taken during this time, just to have the possibility of viewing them at a glance.

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-3 of 3
schmid_th

schmid_th - Feb 28, 2007 1:28 pm - Voted 10/10

Beautiful album!

The Horn is really impressive! Always and for everybody! Nice idea...
Greets Thomas

Herb

Herb - Feb 28, 2007 4:51 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Beautiful album!

Thomas, thanks for your comment!

By the way, how did you manage to attach a photo, baecause the album should be defined as "Private attach only"? The intention was just to combine my photos from that week, which I considered as being quite good.

schmid_th

schmid_th - Mar 1, 2007 7:51 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Beautiful album!

First I didn´t saw that it is private attach. I opened the gallery of this side and wanted to attach. But then I got the info that I can´t add as it is only for private attach. So I don´t know why it worked despite of this. Detach this photo of your album please.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.