Meeker Ridge Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-1 of 1
JesseSumrak

JesseSumrak - Aug 9, 2021 12:53 pm Date Climbed: Aug 5, 2021

Radical Slam  Sucess!

10 Peaks of Longs Peak (Nesotaieux’s Ten Tadasanas, Radical Slam Deluxe, “Sick Concoction”) — 17 hours and 10,000 ft of elevation gain. Yesterday, I completed the most demanding physical and mental challenge I’ve ever attempted. Started at 2:30am up the Iron Gates route. Climbed Meeker Ridge, then traversed the amazingly terrifying Knife Edge (I’m so scared of heights, especially 100% fatal ones) to Meeker. I continued on my lonesome to Southeast Longs, and then I got dangerously off route trying to take the Loft to Longs. I miraculously made it with sections of Class 4 (definitely 5 when I got off route) down climbing and met up with the Homestretch portion of the Keyhole. Bagged Longs Peak, then on to Pagoda. Again, off route on fatal ledges before I wasted valuable time back tracking. Found the right route and made it to Pagoda with only a brief Class 4 exciting moment. Traversed below the Trough to the Ledges, passed through the Keyhole, then meandered to Storm. Found some water to filter at the base (thank goodness) before bagging Mount Lady Washington. On to the easy stuff with Battle Mountain and Pine Ridge, then a heartbreaking hour-long bushwack to connect to the Estes Cone Trail. Climbed Estes Cone, cried for a while, and then finished the last 3 miles to the truck before doing 10 pushups (90 less the Gerry Roach demands) and finishing the most epic adventure of my life.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1
Return to 'Meeker Ridge' main page