Meridian Peak Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Scott

Scott - Nov 4, 2015 2:48 pm Date Climbed: Sep 1, 2001

Meridian Peak  Sucess!

July 23 2011:

Kimberly needed a break from the kids, so Kessler and Shaylee joined me for a climb along the Elliot Ridge to Meridian Peak in the Gore Range. The weather forecast was for a 0% chance of rain which is very unusual in the Colorado high country in summer.

It was a very sunny day and we got a fairly late start. Meridian Peak is a long climb, but even so we made side trips to the little sub-peaks either on the way there or on the way back.

It was an exciting climb because we saw many elk and even one bear. The weather was perfect and there were no signs at all of any thunderstorm threat so we continued along the ridge all the way to Meridian Peak.

After eating lunch and having a brief snowball fight we headed back down the mountain. It was a perfect day in perfect weather. Since we did ~13 miles round trip and climbed the sub-peaks, the kids were pretty tired by the time we got back.

September 1 2001:

With my wife. Had to drop off Elliot Ridge and wait out a thunderstorm on the way back.

alpine345

alpine345 - Oct 19, 2012 11:29 pm Date Climbed: Aug 5, 1989

Meridian  Sucess!

Climbed Meridian by coming in from Elliot Ridge for a recon of Powell...

Kessler

Kessler - Aug 16, 2011 11:46 pm Date Climbed: Jul 23, 2011

Meridian  Sucess!

7-23-11

Shaylee

Shaylee - Jul 26, 2011 9:23 am Date Climbed: Jul 23, 2011

Meridian  Sucess!

July 23 2011

kavak

kavak - Aug 23, 2010 3:27 pm Date Climbed: Aug 21, 2010

Elliot Ridge Route  Sucess!

A beautiful hike most of which is above timberline. Great views of Eagles Nest Peak as well as the jagged tops of many other peaks in the Gore Range. I could pick out Mt Sopris, Capitol Peak, Mt Elbert and Mt Massive as well as Long's Peak to the east.

chicagotransplant

chicagotransplant - Jun 21, 2010 10:25 am Date Climbed: Jun 19, 2010

Long Loop from Piney  Sucess!

1st: 6/19/10 Scot and I started at Piney Lake, went up towards Kneeknocker Pass and then up "East Corner", traversed over "Corner Peak", "NW Corner" and "Cataract Point" to finally arrive at Meridian Peak, then dropped off the southwest side and worked our way back to Piney. A long ridge tour, but with perfect weather!
2nd: 7/27/20 Solo from Elliott Ridge, beautiful morning and great views, nobody else on the entire route.

Kimberly

Kimberly - Apr 5, 2004 4:30 pm

Route Climbed: Elliot Ridge Date Climbed: September 1, 2001  Sucess!

A really great hike.

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Meridian Peak' main page