Mesahchie Peak Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
seano

seano - Jul 21, 2016 4:38 pm Date Climbed: Jul 20, 2016

From Kitling  Sucess!

Traversing Ragged Ridge. The "west ridge" route is actually a gully, for those who, like me, summit in a cloud. Trip report.

Josh Lewis

Josh Lewis - May 24, 2016 2:02 pm Date Climbed: Aug 1, 2015

East Ridge  Sucess!

The upper route had 3rd and 4th class rock. We might have stumbled upon a 5.0 move, however a rope certainly was not required. I think I used tennis shoes for the entire day with an ultralight pack. Overall a good route.

Matt Lemke

Matt Lemke - Aug 6, 2015 1:08 am Date Climbed: Aug 1, 2015

East Ridge  Sucess!

Day hiked the east ridge which was an awesome scramble from Easy Pass. We avoided as much of the side hilling as possible and stayed on the ridge only by passing below Kitling Peak and a small crag shortly above Easy Pass. After doing Katsuk, Kimtah and Cosho via the south side traverse from Easy Pass last year, I knew exactly what the side hilling was like on the Ragged Ridge! Upon reaching the base of the scramble, we entered a large gully, crossed over into a second gully and eventually reached the crest of the east ridge where we traversed the very exposed but mostly flat ridge to the summit. Nice "rest day" between our Chilliwack Trip and the Inspiration Traverse. We saw a crazy fire literally erupt behind Mount Goode which made for cool photos.

RomaK

RomaK - Sep 16, 2014 2:55 pm Date Climbed: Sep 14, 2014

South Ridge scramble route  Sucess!

Just the 5th party to sign the summit log this year. Camped in the basin south of the peak. Traverse has tons of awful side-hilling and route finding. We didn't have the best beta and stuck around the 6800 ft contour, which seemed like a good option for the most part, though bypassing lower around the big waterfall gully on the west end of the traverse would be preferable.

Took the prominent ridge that goes just east of Katsuk's summit, being forced into gullies west of the ridge around 7800 ft elevation. Descended ridge east to Katsuk-Mesahchie col and climbed the summit pyramid via the prominent ledge system.

Beautiful area, some great scrambling, lots of loose rock.

relic

relic - Sep 18, 2011 12:37 pm Date Climbed: Aug 1, 2006

via se and east ridge  Sucess!

Date is a guess. Solo'd up thru steep class 3, maybe 4, rock. Self-belayed couple of steep spots.

bacrossman

bacrossman - Jul 29, 2009 1:51 pm Date Climbed: Jun 28, 2009

Ice fall to West Ridge  Sucess!

Long Day Indeed... The descent was brutal on my bad ankle.

jordansahls

jordansahls - Jun 29, 2009 2:50 pm Date Climbed: Jun 28, 2009

Ice fall to West Ridge in a day  Sucess!

Cool route, very long day.

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Mesahchie Peak' main page