Monte Renoso Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
bruno baschung

bruno baschung - Oct 10, 2010 2:05 am

normal route  Sucess!

I did normal route from capannelle, which is quite rapid.

Beautiful granite up there.

Among the big 5 mountains of Corsica above 2000m (Cinto, Rotondo, Mte D'oro, and Incudine), it's probably the easiest and fastest to reach.

Bruno baschung

il.rocciatore

il.rocciatore - Oct 4, 2006 3:06 pm

Route Climbed: Normal Route from Campanelle Date Climbed: september 2006  Sucess!

We made a 2-day trip of this climb and started our 4 and a half hour hike up to the Refugio E Campanelle in Ghisoni. We joined the GR20 at the Bergeries de Cardo. We left our tent at 7.30am and reached the summit 9.20am. Very nice walk-up. During the descent we had to deal with dense fog, but we reached the refuge without problems. Long walk back to Ghisoni in the rain...

rickford

rickford - Nov 22, 2004 7:20 pm

Route Climbed: standard Date Climbed: August 15, 2004  Sucess!

This is one of the most beatiful climbs I have ever completed. I summited Monte Renoso in August during cloudless weather. Although the mountain is around 7,000 feet, it was nearly 80 degrees at the summit. Like many of the high Corsican summits, one can see the coastline of the small island in every direction. There are also many varying species of colorful fauna on the mountain. As for wildlife, I passed massive bulls, wild boars, and goats feeding on the rare grass along the way. There are two ponds near the summit- both are spectacular. The area reminds me a lot of the Sierra Nevadas in California- excpet for the bulls and boars. Be careful if you plan on bush-whacking around the area- the seemingly small shrubs are actually six foot tall bushes that are difficult to pass through! Overall, Monte Renoso is a tremendously beautiful mountain!!!!! (Don't go to Corsica if you can't speak any French or Italian- Nodody speaks English there!!!

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Dec 20, 2003 9:08 am

Route Climbed: Normal ascent from Campanelle Date Climbed: May 2002  Sucess!

Very cold for late May. No technical problems though. Had to run to escape the weather!

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Monte Renoso' main page