Viewing: 1-9 of 9
Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Mar 4, 2003 8:59 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Fantastic. I love tropical pictures but I know I would be very uncomfortable being there with the humidity. The pictures are gorgeous, the page is thoughtfully crafted. I kept expecting to see T-Rex come crashing through the trees. The mountains look incredibly challenging. Must have been a very BIG volcano! If someone were to post a route to one of the peaks, it would certainly make for interesting reading and would no doubt be technical in nature. A very well done and unique page for SP!

mdostby

mdostby - Mar 5, 2003 7:26 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Interesting! Nicely done.

-Mike

mpbro

mpbro - Mar 5, 2003 9:05 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

I like the page, and understand that climbing here would be difficult.



Still, it would be nice to gear the page a bit more toward *enabling* others to climb, or at least to hike. How bad were the bushwhacks? What kind of trail system is there? How close can you get to the peaks on a trail? How steep are most of the slopes?



Just try to answer these types of questions and the page becomes a valuable resource. Nice photos, BTW!

Scott

Scott - Dec 6, 2005 3:03 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Hi mpbro. Kane has transfered the page to me. If you did still want to see hiking and climbing info, I have added some.

gordonye

gordonye - Mar 5, 2003 2:56 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Fantastic pictures! Other-worldly, surreal mountains. I propose to change the name of the page to "Moorea", as the whole island is basically part of the volcano.



Also, why not submit the even higher volcano on Tahiti - Orohene, if you have been there too.



By the way, the continent field should be Oceania.

labang

labang - Mar 17, 2003 10:35 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

I had the privilage of spending two weeks in Tahiti including three days on Moorea. Boy is that one beautiful island. I'll never forget it. And for sure there are some seriously steep mountians there!



Oh how i long....

Rachel

Rachel - May 6, 2004 8:34 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Thanks for the great page... I hope to travel to this area in my near future. Cheers, Rachel

James_W

James_W - Nov 29, 2005 3:22 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Fanfu*kingtastic! always great to see something new that sparks my taste for adventure.

Dow Williams

Dow Williams - Dec 6, 2005 12:51 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

enjoy your xmas trip to Moab Scott...hope I can coax you back in March...cheers

Viewing: 1-9 of 9
Return to 'Moorea Island Peaks' main page