Viewing: 1-2 of 2

Ski2Summit - Mar 30, 2018 8:14 am - Hasn't voted

couple questions

Maybe I missed it since I'm on the mobile site but I don't see any routes listed. Is the path of travel so straightforward it is not necessary? Also anyone have a guess of conditions in mid april or so?

Klenke

Klenke - Mar 30, 2018 9:22 am - Hasn't voted

Re: couple questions

I had to figure out the problem here. It appears I adopted the Mt. Anderson page from someone else. It's not my writing style for one, plus it was first submitted in 2003 before I even climbed it and the West Peak in 2009. So that's why there isn't a route page for it. Maybe I should add one, or make reference to the West Peak SP page.

The easiest route is pretty straightforward. From Anderson Pass, go up to Flypaper Pass. Descend the north side on relatively easy firn and traverse down and right a couple of hundred vertical past at least one buttress to angle up snow (possible crevasses or schrunds to go around on what's left of the Eel Glacier) until the easiest route introduces itself. Only the final scramble is on bare rock. See this picture. The summit is at the center of the photo. In early season those exposed slabs may be covered in snow.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Return to 'Mount Anderson' main page