Viewing: 1-8 of 8
MarkDidier

MarkDidier - Oct 1, 2015 7:12 pm - Voted 10/10

Daniel is on...

...my short list the next time I make it back to the Alpine Lakes Wilderness. I really enjoyed my 2 days in that area back in 13' and had been considering Daniel that trip on my last day - didn't have the legs though. Thanks for posting. Awesome photos of an awesome area.

awilsondc

awilsondc - Oct 1, 2015 10:41 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Daniel is on...

Thanks Mark! I really enjoyed the area, it's certainly worth a visit if you make it out here again!

Fairley8

Fairley8 - Oct 9, 2015 8:27 am - Voted 10/10

Thanks for sharing!

I was able to go to Mt. Daniel for the first time this last July. We too did an overnight (Pea Soup Lake) and climbed the Daniel Glacier. We had great views just until the very top so it's nice to be able to see your photos and views I wasn't able to get such as looking down at Pea Soup Lake. Really enjoy the fall colors as well.

-Chris

awilsondc

awilsondc - Oct 10, 2015 1:36 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Chris! I was super fortunate to have fantastic weather and all day to enjoy it. Two days was certainly the way to go! :)

JoelSkok

JoelSkok - Oct 10, 2015 1:16 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice report and beautiful pics

You mention having some pu erh tea for supper. I am curious about that as I have never heard of it. Perhaps it is an abreviation or something like that. Sounds like a great trip!

awilsondc

awilsondc - Oct 10, 2015 1:43 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice report and beautiful pics

Pu erh is a Chinese tea unfamiliar to most westerners. I simply love it! It's like the fine wine of the tea world. Here is an informative link.

http://www.thechineseteashop.com/puerhtea.html

dunespice

dunespice - May 10, 2016 9:03 pm - Hasn't voted

Great report and beautiful pictures

Thanks for writing such a nice report on the hike. Looks like I need to make it up for an overnight this summer! Lucky day with that beautiful weather.

awilsondc

awilsondc - May 10, 2016 10:49 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great report and beautiful pictures

Thanks! Yeah, the area was even more beautiful than I had expected. It's certainly one to put on the to do list, and great weather always helps! ;)

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'Mount Daniel in Two Days' main page