Mount Huxley Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
CWessels

CWessels - Jul 31, 2021 8:40 pm Date Climbed: Jul 12, 2021

Southwest Chute  Sucess!

Excellent climb on quality rock, with many possible variations among numerous chutes and ribs. Secor rates it class 3-4 but I wouldn't give it much more than class 3. (That is assuming I found the "correct" chute, which I'm not convinced I did.) Found Alex Honnold's name in the summit register from a 2007 Evo Traverse!

Deb

Deb - Sep 9, 2017 4:06 pm Date Climbed: Sep 5, 2017

Western Chute  Sucess!

After a snowy wet trip off Fiske, we took on Huxley via a western chute. Fun ridge traverse!

Vitaliy M.

Vitaliy M. - Aug 31, 2013 12:26 pm Date Climbed: Aug 24, 2013

Evo  Sucess!

27 hour c2c climb of Evolution Traverse. This one was the last peak of the traverse. Took longer than I wanted it to take. Reached the summit just after it got dark. Considering I climbed the other 8 peaks along the ridge prior to that, not bad!

seano

seano - Feb 4, 2012 2:01 pm Date Climbed: Sep 15, 2011

West slope  Sucess!

A nice moderate scramble on the way back from Goddard. Trip report

mrchad9

mrchad9 - Sep 6, 2011 3:10 pm Date Climbed: Sep 5, 2011

Yikes!  Sucess!

Easy climb up the west shoulder on the way out from a long weekend in Ionian Basin. Really enjoyed the views and the walk along the narrow ridge to the summit from the top of the shoulder. Descended the NE ridge, but seemingly did not turn right (south) enough when descending for the final portion and got fairly cliffed out right at the base. Not easy routefinding here if you have only done the descent. Some spicy 5th class moves (considering I had a full pack on) but it all worked out. Got the heart pumping (a lot).

bechtt

bechtt - Aug 16, 2010 7:36 pm Date Climbed: Aug 12, 2010

NE Ridge  Sucess!

I was supposed to climb Mt Spencer with the Sierra Challenge gang but Huxley's siren song pulled me off the final approach. The NE ridge was tougher than expected. The 300' skirt of cliffs makes route finding interesting if trying to stay Class 3.

Bob Burd

Bob Burd - Jul 19, 2009 11:22 pm Date Climbed: Jun 4, 2007

Fiske - Warlow - Huxley Traverse  Sucess!

With Matthew H. and Rick K. A great day of scrambling. Trip Report

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Mount Huxley' main page