Mount Irvine Comments

Viewing: 1-9 of 9
John

John - Nov 20, 2002 11:29 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice page.

Dean

Dean - Dec 15, 2002 8:37 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Really nice work. I've been checking out other mountain pages and trying to get ideas and your page is one of the ones that I find helpful.

Dave K - Dec 15, 2002 11:01 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for the nice compliment, Dean.

Alan Ellis

Alan Ellis - Jan 1, 2003 7:20 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Your signature photo is outstanding. I can't believe it only has 3 stars. I give it 4. It's nice to see comprehensive pages like yours.

mrolph

mrolph - Jan 22, 2003 1:25 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Once again--Great page!

Diego SahagĂșn

Diego SahagĂșn - Jan 26, 2004 8:48 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Please add more PHOTOS in the main page sections, more BOOKS (if in a amazon.com) and LINKS in their sections. Delete "Miscellaneous Info" if it's going to be empty, you'll always have the chance of adding sections.



Gracias

Dave K - Jan 27, 2004 11:23 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for the vote and comments, Diego. I deleted the "Miscellaneous Info" section. Funny that it never occured to me get rid of this, but it is unnecessary. I'll delete it on my other pages during future updates.



Unfortunately, I'm unaware of other pertinent links or books. The only books covering this mountain is R. J. Secor's book and another that is out of print (both are mentioned).

Gabriele Roth

Gabriele Roth - Feb 1, 2005 2:15 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

putting actual info into a little section about routes could make it easier to read ...

ciao

bcrowell2 - Jul 7, 2014 1:00 am - Hasn't voted

from Arc Pass

It might be helpful to have a separate page for the route from Arc Pass, although I'm not sure I'm qualified to write it. Secor describes taking a "broad" class I chute from Arc Pass up to the ridge, then dropping down to the east side and traversing to the summit of Irvine. Standing on Arc Pass, at least four chutes are visible, and it's not possible to tell what chutes are "broad." Ruling out the scary-looking chute to the north of Arc Pass left several possibilities on the south side. I went up the first chute (nearest the pass), tagged Irvine, and came down the second one south of the pass. The second one seemed like it had a lower angle and less loose rock.

Viewing: 1-9 of 9
Return to 'Mount Irvine' main page