Mount Isolation Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-20 of 22
12
joseyinnet

joseyinnet - Sep 3, 2023 5:44 am Date Climbed: Sep 1, 2023

Well worth it  Sucess!

Went to Mt Isolation from Glen Boulder. Great views at the peak, along with lovely views all along the ridge line.

technicolorNH

technicolorNH - Dec 6, 2015 11:16 pm Date Climbed: Dec 6, 2015

Lives up to its name  Sucess!

I took the Rocky Branch Trail and it was a long approach on trails that could have been better laid out. Three hours and forty seven minutes up and two hours and fifty minutes down. I overtook a dad and daughter team on the ascent up but they definitely outpaced me on the descent. Roughly ten other guys on the trail, which was a wet, muddy mess in many spots. Really nice views from the top.

Flanders

Flanders - Dec 27, 2014 3:26 pm Date Climbed: Sep 28, 2014

Trudge  Sucess!

Wouldn't have done this one if it wasn't on the list - was a long slog with little reward.

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Oct 6, 2014 2:27 am Date Climbed: Sep 28, 2014

Boggy  Sucess!

Summit #3 of the trip. Very puddle-filled. I'm not sure why the trail wasn't built three feet to either side of the brook where it's higher ground and not all water. Nice open summit though.

LDuszer

LDuszer - Aug 3, 2014 7:37 pm Date Climbed: Aug 2, 2014

Wet, wooded slog via Rocky Branch to Isolation Trail to Davis Path  Sucess!

Made my way to Mt. Isolation via the Rocky Branch Trail to the Isolation Trail to the Davis Path and then up the Isolation Spur and returned via the same route. Took me just under 6.5 hours to finish. Most of the trails were full of wet, mossy rocks, so the going was slow even though the grades were never difficult. The summit was socked in by an approaching rain cloud, so views were limited. Still had fun and enjoyed the river crossings and moose track sightings.

JRaphaelson

JRaphaelson - Jun 8, 2014 11:37 am Date Climbed: Jun 7, 2014

Glen Boulder  Sucess!

Tough but fun hike with lots of elevation gains and lots of views.

Kristin5berry

Kristin5berry - Jun 20, 2011 10:06 pm Date Climbed: Jun 20, 2011

Ahhhh  Sucess!

Finallllyyyy, put this one off for so long

TLP

TLP - Sep 3, 2009 10:02 am Date Climbed: Aug 4, 2009

forgot the camera  Sucess!

which was a shame because it really was a nice day out. I think I made good time reaching the summit, but going back took me longer! My route was the Glen Boulder trail to the Davis Path. It was pretty muddy, and it sucks when you're hiking uphill on your way "down." Isolation does have some fine views though.

Grampahawk

Grampahawk - Oct 22, 2008 4:04 pm Date Climbed: Jul 20, 1990

Thirsty  Sucess!

Took the Glen Boulder trail to Davis Path. My buddy didn't want to carry too much water and only brought one liter. I had 2. He figured to fill up along the trail, but after passing up a few streams early on, everything else was non-existant or bone dry. It ws really hot and we were dying for water by the end of the trip. So take plenty. Better views than expected from the top though.

Tahawus

Tahawus - Aug 12, 2008 1:37 pm Date Climbed: Jun 26, 2007

Mount Isolation  Sucess!

Climbed with Washington via the Davis Path from Lakes of the Clouds. Encountered some brief 60-mile-an-hour winds while traversing the Boott Spur. Beautiful remote summit with great views of Washington and the Southern Presidentials. If there's one 4000' in New Hampshire that lives up to its name this is it!

BSinc - Jun 16, 2008 11:25 am Date Climbed: Jun 13, 2008

#48  Sucess!

Made the hike in from Glen Boulder and spent the night. Beautiful sunset and an even better sunrise. Finally #48

Sam Page

Sam Page - Apr 20, 2008 12:16 am Date Climbed: Jul 15, 1987

Probably not again  Sucess!

I do not remember the exact date. My dad dragged me up this on his quest to get us both up all the NH 4000 footers by the time I was 16. I do remember seeing someone's camping gear (sans someone) scattered trailside as if someone had discarded it all in a rage (which is not out of the question).

eric-griz

eric-griz - Dec 1, 2007 10:13 am Date Climbed: Sep 2, 2001

Great Hike  Sucess!

Made it up and down the mountain, then went into Gorham for a much needed shower (and TV watching)!

Enapai

Enapai - Oct 10, 2007 8:21 pm Date Climbed: Oct 10, 2007

Route Climbed: Rockey Branch/Isolation/Davis  Sucess!

Had great LOCAL views of the pine trees, summit cairn, and clouds. The yellow foliage on the way up was outstanding and made up for the lack of views. I can come here to this page to see what I missed.

joberly

joberly - Aug 23, 2007 3:20 pm Date Climbed: Jul 16, 2007

Great peak!  Sucess!

Great climb! Did this hike via Dry River trail, Davis Path, and out via Isolation Trail.

thelisa

thelisa - Aug 10, 2007 7:14 pm Date Climbed: Jul 3, 2003

Well named!  Sucess!

We made a 19-mile loop to get this one peak but the views really paid off.

royswkr - Apr 23, 2006 7:20 pm Date Climbed: Jul 10, 1976

Did a longer loop up Dry River the next day  Sucess!

Loop via Rocky Branch S, Isolation E, Davis Path, and Stairs Col Trail with side trip to E Stairs

Matt Worster

Matt Worster - Mar 30, 2006 1:40 am

summer camp  Sucess!

stayed at the Rocky Branch 2 shelter.

giggy

giggy - Dec 30, 2005 1:43 pm

Route Climbed: davis path from jericho rd Date Climbed: 2005 summer  Sucess!

very scenic

Seth Maciejowski

Seth Maciejowski - Oct 18, 2005 10:12 am

Route Climbed: Glen Boulder to Boot Spur and out to isolation Date Climbed: October 1999  Sucess!

High winds and a non-typical approach with heavy packs made this an interesting hike. It's a long way using this approach, and you are actually far higher on Boott spur then on isolation but cool none the less. Isolation summit is, like the name suggests, isolated. It sits above the dry river wilderness and you can't see too many man made objects.

Viewing: 1-20 of 22
12
Return to 'Mount Isolation' main page