Mount Scenery Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Scott

Scott - Jan 1, 2019 12:24 pm Date Climbed: Dec 26, 2018

Mount Scenery  Sucess!

After arriving in Saba, I climbed Mount Scenery. Since the airline lost the bag on the way to Saba, I climbed Mount Scenery without a map and thus just took the standard route up and down. It was raining most of the time and there was no view, but the rainforest was interesting.

Usher73

Usher73 - Mar 13, 2014 1:53 am Date Climbed: Oct 25, 2010

Saba, October, 2010  Sucess!

I was on Saba for a wedding and convinced a few people to go up Mt Scenery with me. We started on a trail from near the Queen's Garden Resort, above The Bottom, that went east till it joined the stairway trail up the mountain. Parts of this trail reminded me of jungle scenes in some Indiana Jones movie. We made it to the top of the stairway, then had to go a little farther to reach the actual summit.

It was damp, misty and slippery most of the way. The clouds did break occasionally for beautiful views of the lower island and the Carribean. We took the stairway all the way down to Windwardside, had a few drinks, then took a taxi back to the Resort.

If you go to Saba, you really should walk up Mt Sceneery.

Markeymark - Jul 17, 2002 9:18 pm

Date Climbed: March, 2001  Sucess!

The Carribean sun was very intense on the way up. There are spectacular views of Saba and other nearby islands from the top. Shortly after I got there, a cloud bank rolled in and visibility was intermittent.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Mount Scenery' main page