Mount Tom

Mount Tom

Sierra Nevada Range
Marcsoltan
on Dec 23, 2008 12:31 am
Image ID: 473980

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Nanuls

Nanuls - Dec 24, 2008 7:27 am - Voted 10/10

Nice Contrast

Nice contrast between the mountain and foreground, looks like a stunning place to visit. I really must get out to the states one of these days.

BTW, what time of year was this taken?

Happy Christmas
Dan

Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - Dec 24, 2008 11:42 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice Contrast

Hi Dan,
Thank you so much for the visit and the vote. I am glad you like my photo of Mt. Tom. I took this photo in February or March of 08. It was totally accidental, and long before I knew of Summit Post. I was driving down the road and glimpsed over to the west and saw Mt.Tom. I stopped and took two photos. Yesterday, after I posted this one I realized that the other was better. Well, may be sometime in the future.
Happy new Year to you too Dan, and thank you for all your support.
Marc

tarol

tarol - Dec 24, 2008 6:41 pm - Voted 10/10

My favorite mountain

I grew up in Bishop and this is my favorite mountain :) Great photo! You should attach it to the Mt. Tom page

Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - Dec 24, 2008 6:58 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: My favorite mountain

Wow, grew up in Bishop? I would love to move to Bishop. Lots of outdoors type of people live there now, and probably always.
As far as attaching the photo to Mt.Tom page goes, I have had a bad experience with attaching photos to other people's pages.
From time to time my photos have been deleted, and no way to find them again. I have talked to the Elves about it, and they can't do anything about it. I may taake my chances and do it anyway.
Thanks for dropping by Tarol,
Marc

Narcisse

Narcisse - Jun 3, 2009 7:35 pm - Voted 10/10

Absolutely beautiful!

I really like this photo! So simple and clean...

~Christina

Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - Jun 4, 2009 12:08 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Absolutely beautiful!

Thank you Christina. This photo was completely unplanned. I was driving back from Owens Gorge, a sport climbing area, and looked over my shoulder to see this view of Mount Tom. I stopped for a second and took two photos. That was several years ago, and then I ran into it several months ago and thought to just post it. I'm happy it has brought enjoyment to many SP members.

Thanks for the visit Christina,
Happy Himalayan climbing and taking all those incredible photos.
Marc

Viewing: 1-6 of 6