Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 36.03595°N / 115.48158°W
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 6641 ft / 2024 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

This rarely climbed peak, just outside of Mountain Springs, NV, shows up on topographical maps as Mountain Springs. It lies within Rainbow Mountain Wilderness bordering Red Rock Canyon. The views from the summit are stellar which include Potosi Mountain, Charleston Peak, Griffith Peak, and Red Rocks, and much more. The route is straight forward to this summit as well as it follows a road and then a ridge line all the way to the summit.

Mountain Springs Peak

Getting There

From Las Vegas Drive West from I-15 on Blue Diamond Road (HWY 160). When you reach Mountain Springs Summit drive another 0.6 miles and turn right (north) onto Williams Ranch Road. Drive about 300 yards and turn left onto a dirt road. (There is a gate at the end of the road, so don’t get distracted, you’ll be able to turn left onto the dirt road). Follow this road for 0.2 miles and then make a right at a fork. (Right when you make this turn is the short section where a high clearance vehicle might be needed for this drive.) Drive another 0.3 miles going just past a turn to the left and the trailhead will be marked with boulders not allowing you to drive further up the pullout on the right.

The TrailheadThe trailhead.

Red Tape

There is no red tape needed to climb Mountain Springs Peak.

Camping

This lies on BLM land. Camping would be no problem.

Weather


When to Climb

October-May is the best time to climb this peak. The summer months would be unbearably HOT.

The Route

GPS TraceGPS Trace













From the trailhead follow the road NE on the other side of the boulders. The first ½ mile or so is covered in branches to discourage people to drive on it. Eventually you’ll come to a saddle. Continue east from here up onto the ridge. Once on the ridge follow it around as it eventually contours to the north. Once heading north you will see 2 peaks in front of you. The one on the right is Mountains Springs Peak. It is about 2 miles and about 1100 feet of net elevation gain to the summit.

Summit Shots



Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

 
Southern NevadaMountains & Rocks
 
Spring MountainsMountains & Rocks