Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 45.08089°N / 72.54728°W
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Fall
Additional Information Elevation: 3176 ft / 968 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Parc d'Environnement Naturel de Sutton offers an 84 km network of hiking trails over three summits and including the Mont-Sutton alpine ski trails. A lot of the park's trails are challenging, but there are also some intermediate and easy ones.

The trails form a section of Les Sentiers de l'Estrie, a hiking trail that runs 150 km (90 miles) from the Vermont border near Sutton to Kingsbury. Les Sentiers de l'Estrie also connects several peaks over 2,000 feet in elevation, including Mount Sutton, Réserve naturelle des Montagnes-Vertes and Mount Orford.

The network of trails can be used year round, but is especially beautiful in the fall and winter (snowshoes very useful).

There is a scenic view to the south and east from the summit of Round Top (968m). Also viewpoints from Dos d'Orignal trail and Lac Mohawk. Water and rock formation at Marmite aux Sorcieres.

Getting There

Parc d'Environnement Naturel de Sutton is a few km east of the town of Sutton and about 120 km southeast of Montreal. The main trailhead access is at "Accueil 520m".

From Route 139 in the centre of Sutton follow Maple Street East to chemin Real and continue a couple km to the accueil. You can also hike on a trail to the park from the centre of town.

Red Tape

There is an access fee to use the network of hiking trails ($5 per adult). There is usually pleanty of parking space shared with the ski hill.