Bull Mtn (UT) Comments

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Scott

Scott - Mar 29, 2006 3:02 pm - Voted 9/10

Suggestion

I like the page, but personally, I would put more emphasis on climbing the mountain, and less (or none) on driving up. I don't mind pages on mountains that have roads on them, if they have good hiking or climbing routes, but I feel that the emphasis should be on the hiking and climbing of the peak. I see you did add some info about the Bull Lake route.

You're choice, but consider changing the following:

As mentioned earlier, the highpoint of Box Elder county is found in the Raft Mountain range atop Bull Mountain, a mountain that has a rounded top and is not a mountaineering challenge, if you choose to drive up since a road goes to within 100 yards of the highpoint, but the Bull Lake Cirque on the north side of the mountain has excellent mountaineering possibilities, including some rock and snow routes.

Just my suggestion though. Opinions may vary.

Dean

Dean - Mar 29, 2006 6:59 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Suggestion

I appreciate the input and have added your recommendation. I tried to emphasize the hike as the best way to savor the mountain and should I have the chance to return to that area, I will definitely do the hike so I can improve my own knowledge of the mountain and the area and actually feel like I've 'done' the mountain. Thanks Scott for your suggestion, your knowledge of the Utah mountains is incredible.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Return to 'Bull Mtn (UT)' main page