Viewing: 1-9 of 9
desainme

desainme - Sep 17, 2003 11:41 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Interesting mountain which could be on a family outing. Plenty to see, good hiking and a historical sketch of the area. Grandstand for the higher Cascade peaks. The mountain is similar to what one might find in northern New England or the Adirondaks.

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Sep 17, 2003 11:57 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

You are right, it is kind of reminiscent of the Franconia Notch area. Thanks for your vote and comments.

Cornvallis

Cornvallis - Sep 18, 2003 11:49 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Another good page, Brian. The Bull of the Woods Wilderness is one of my favorite areas. The West Cascades are underrated compared to their more massive neighbors to the east, but equally as beautiful.

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Sep 18, 2003 2:21 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks, I agree.



By the way, looks like the window for Jefferson is closed for this year. My group has all backed out now due to the new blanket of snow on it. Too unconsolidated for alpine climb and too wet for rock climbing. If you are still interested next year and you haven't already done it, maybe we can hook up to do it next summer. Thanks.

rpc

rpc - Sep 18, 2003 7:24 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice page Brian.......I see the "nose-to-nose competition" between you and Aaron :).

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Sep 18, 2003 8:22 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Yep, I am forging ahead to reclaim my rightful place beneath OM! :- )



Funny thing is, I was liking being down a bit in the pack. I feel weird being up so high with all the "hikes" I've done. Oh well, I'm sure I'll be back down before long.



Thanks for the vote!

rpc

rpc - Sep 19, 2003 11:01 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

I reiterate my stance of those peaks you call "hikes" - I like 'em! One does not always have time to nail a "real" peak (whatever that means), but a short 1/2 day outing is made more pleasant if you actually top out on something.

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Sep 19, 2003 1:27 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Yep, it is always better when you make it to the top.

donhaller3

donhaller3 - Apr 8, 2007 3:43 am - Voted 10/10

Very Pleasant Area

You can also come up the Breitenbush and cut over.

Viewing: 1-9 of 9
Return to 'Bull of the Woods' main page