Viewing: 1-5 of 5
bigwally

bigwally - Nov 15, 2003 10:15 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great Job, Steve !!! You have oragnized the information really well !!!!! You might add a weather link ( Love the Live Cam action)...and, as always, I know that You have been up it, so write up YOUR experience as a TRIP REPORT and post it in there. That is the BEST description that anyone could want !!!! Please do keep up the good work !!....... AND whenever You do drift north to this Wyoming, please do stop by and we will find the top of this Devils Tower, together.!! Check out (and vote on, if You would) the Devils Tower Page !!



Steven Cross

Steven Cross - Nov 15, 2003 4:52 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for the vote and possitive feedback. There is no need for a trip report, Camelback has turned into my training mountain to stay in shape.

As far as Devils tower, I have never done any major rock climbing. I think it is something I'd love to get into, but I dont know the right people to help me get into it. And it is very costly. It would be cool to do it tho!!

BobSmith

BobSmith - Jun 9, 2004 7:43 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Cool little mountain. Quite the pyramid!

mtwashingtonmonroe

mtwashingtonmonroe - Aug 13, 2004 11:36 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Very pretty mountain especially for an urban area. Great page and a job well done. Have a good one!

Chuck7171

Chuck7171 - Feb 4, 2012 10:03 pm - Hasn't voted

Tough hike

I am 71 years old, and decided to climb Camelback. I did not realize how out of shape I was until that climb. I probably set a negative time record of 2hrs 20 minutes to the top. I almost gave up several times. That was the hardest hike so far in my life. I do not recommend it to anyone out of shape. If you slip on the countless rocks and boulders, it could be very serious. The view at the top is great, but I found the view at the bottom after the hike to be very satisfying!

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Camelback Mountain' main page