Viewing: 1-5 of 5
DrewWilkerson

DrewWilkerson - Feb 25, 2013 7:19 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice

job on the route description. We followed the red line pictured in the diagrams very closely on our climb in September 2012. No bush whacking at all on the route. Trail crew was clearing the entire Dutch creek trail during our trip.

jimegan

jimegan - Feb 25, 2013 8:16 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice

Thanks for the update on trail work and I'm glad my memory was OK on the route to Longfellow. Too bad you didn't get Paul Bunyan's cabin...it's a fun climb from Longfellow and quite close once you've done the hard work of the approach.

DrewWilkerson

DrewWilkerson - Feb 25, 2013 8:49 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Nice

Sure thing. It was a time issue for us. We'll get it one day though.

awhite28

awhite28 - Aug 14, 2015 11:45 pm - Hasn't voted

More info

Do you have any more detailed route information beyond that picture? I have numerous friends who have been cliffed out on this peak and unable to find a route to the summit. It sounds more complicated than go up the center cirque.

jimegan

jimegan - Aug 15, 2015 12:22 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: More info

Did you see the earlier comments on using that approach successfully? It is a little sketchy in the mid stages, but it probably depends on how adverse you are to exposure. The group I climbed with did fine, but I know plenty of folks who would not be able to handle the steep sloping ledges mid-way up that cirque. Good luck to you and your climbing friends as this is a really worthy climb.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Longfellow Peak (GNP)' main page