Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Redwic

Redwic - Jan 4, 2012 4:01 pm - Hasn't voted

The Original Page Was Deleted

An original SP page was created for Mount Bretherton, but then the person who created that page decided to delete his SP account and everything associated with it.

This Mountain page is one of those that was deleted. I have written to the Elves about it, and they claim they might be able to save the original page with the original URL. I think I have found that URL:
http://www.summitpost.org/mountain/rock/153046/mount-bretherton.html

I recommend that you please contact the "Elves" and provide them with that URL. This is very important, as otherwise people's Climbing Logs, photos, etc. will be lost forever. You can then copy your page text over the old stuff, and get rid of this newer page. Saving the history is important. I, along with many others, do not care who has administrative rights over the page as long as those people as respectful of its place on SP (and the users who might need the page as a resource).

(Make certain the page is re-attached to the "Olympic Mountains" Area/Range, too.)

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Redwic

Redwic - Jan 5, 2012 7:38 am - Hasn't voted

Re: The Original Page Was Deleted

No problem. I was discussing this with another SP member yesterday. The Elves will probably just say it is better to re-create a page than try to restore one, as once a page has been deleted it sounds like the Climber Logs cannot be recovered, and the original photos disappear forever.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Return to 'Mount Bretherton' main page