Mount Equinox Comments

Viewing: 1-9 of 9
hgrapid

hgrapid - Dec 26, 2007 5:07 pm - Voted 3/10

First page

This is your first page, so you should probably look at other Vermont pages to try and measure up. Good start, but incomplete. Look at Camels Hump as an example of a good page.
http://www.summitpost.org/mountain/rock/151696/camel-s-hump.html

Oakafee - Dec 27, 2007 7:31 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: First page

thanks for the feedback...I really don't know how things work here yet, so I appreciate the advice

surgent

surgent - Dec 28, 2007 2:18 pm - Voted 9/10

Friendly suggestions...

Consider adding in some more detail about the approach, the hike and other interesting aspects. Even though the peak has few hiking logistics, the toll road presents the most 'challenge' to the visit. I'd include things like hours, rates, the steepeness of the road, how far to drive. INclude some narrative - what you did when you were there. My wife and I were there in 2006 (see http://www.surgent.net/highpoints/vt/vt.html) and enjoyed it a lot. You have a good start.

rasgoat

rasgoat - Dec 29, 2007 9:56 pm - Hasn't voted

yeah man,

take a look at some other good contributions from more seasoned members for ideas to improve your page. I have wanted to put up a page for this very mountain but have not yet had the chance to climb it! if you need any help with your page pm me!

Ralph

nartreb

nartreb - Jul 16, 2010 1:17 pm - Voted 9/10

elevation?

All the maps put the summit above the 3840' contour. The 100 highest list gives a 3850' estimate, some sources (e.g. peakbagger) give a more conservative 3840' minimum height.

Oakafee - Oct 15, 2010 12:43 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: elevation?

thanks, I don't even remember where I got the 3816 number, so I just changed it. I went with 3840.

PaulRomano

PaulRomano - Sep 1, 2013 8:33 pm - Hasn't voted

Two suggestions

It would be good to mention the new visitor's center on top. Also, right now you have this page listed as a child of Green Mountains -- this is not geographically correct as Equinox is really part of the Taconic Range.

Oakafee - Oct 20, 2020 8:12 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Two suggestions

Thanks for the suggestions. I just changed the parent to Taconic Mountains, by creating a Taconic Mountains range page.

technicolorNH

technicolorNH - Jun 23, 2014 10:36 pm - Hasn't voted

Another trail option

While I was near the lookout there was an old metal sign next to a fork in the trail indicating that there is another trail to the summit originating in the town of Dorset. A couple of locals with mountain bikes (who were hauling them up the mountain) told me it was more of a goat path than a maintained trail, but it definitely came out on Pine Tree Lane in the town of Dorset.

Viewing: 1-9 of 9
Return to 'Mount Equinox' main page