Mount Olympus Comments

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Josh Lewis

Josh Lewis - Aug 3, 2011 12:14 am - Voted 10/10

Nice Page Redwic!

Looking good! Glad to see this page is currently in good hands. Great work!

pookster1127

pookster1127 - Dec 22, 2012 8:48 am - Voted 10/10

Thanks for the beta

I wanted you to know that your 2 videos and trip reports were key to our planning. Thanks so much. We were trying to cut down on gear and your information kept our packs down to 40 to 45 pounds. We made the trip in July 2012 a year and a week after yours. We took the Crystal Pass route and selected a rock climbing line to the right of yours on the north face of the summit block. The TR we posted is also about the backpacking trip on the High Divide, which might put off beta gatherers on Olympus, but we have a couple of pics of the summit block which we think will be helpful for future teams trying to understand the rock climbing portion. We also posted a cool pic of the false summit from the west peak. The false summit has another team on it so it gives some perspective of the scale of the Five Fingers.

We are coming back to the Seattle area in 2014 and are thinking about some of the ranges up around the Canadian border. We liked Olympus because of the mountaineering / rock climbing combo and want to find something like that again. See you out there. John

Redwic

Redwic - Dec 22, 2012 3:38 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Thanks for the beta

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad you had a good time, and I enjoyed your trip report. The North Cascades are fantastic for climbing. Look me up when you head out this way, again, and maybe we can join forces on a few peaks.

Kiefer

Kiefer - Apr 26, 2013 9:54 am - Voted 9/10

Nice page

Been considering a trip to Mt. Olympus sometime this year (2013). Been looking and reading your page a lot on this. Looks pretty good, good beta.

Redwic

Redwic - May 1, 2013 4:35 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice page

Thanks. I hope the page will help assist for a successful climb!
When I first adopted this SP page, it was missing a ton of useful information and I had not able to use it for our climb.

HikingMan

HikingMan - Jul 17, 2017 7:19 am - Voted 10/10

Great Post

Very nice post. Thanks so much. Question: Are there any stream crossings in July? Thanks again.

Redwic

Redwic - Jul 17, 2017 11:21 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great Post

Nothing worth worrying about. Regarding the Hoh River Trail, the main concern would be the steep, eroded gully prior to Glacier Meadows more than any other area.

wbauer - Jul 26, 2019 11:10 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Great Post

And that part is not so bad. I find the whole approach to be a tough one both before, and especially after summit day. Just did this July 15-19 with Mountain Madness. Started summit day at 4am due to low fog, and then a storm from Canada came down, drop temps to 30, with rain and freezing rain. Got soaked. Half way up around 8:30 we called it, and went back. Another climber with me had bad calf cramps.

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'Mount Olympus' main page