Mount Phelps Comments

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Redwic

Redwic - Nov 9, 2009 2:28 pm - Voted 10/10

I'm happy to see this page!

I had been wanting to summit this peak, as well, but had heard about the adventure it has become. Thank you for providing such in-depth details and photos; it helps to put a potential summit trip into potential.

Also, I believe I have some beta for Little Phelps at home. I can pass it along to you, later.

larryN

larryN - Nov 9, 2009 11:45 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: I'm happy to see this page!

Phelps was an enjoyable trip, and I would like to climb it again some day. My plan was to summit Phelps, have a good look at Little Phelps, and possibly try to scramble the latter on the same trip. Unfortunately, clouds rolled in before I got up Phelps, and the approach took longer than expected, not to mention the long drive on the N Fork road. I only have one friend who has expressed any interest in Little Phelps, which I think is surprising given its close proximity and prominence.

kevinsa

kevinsa - Mar 8, 2015 6:01 pm - Hasn't voted

Purple Route

Took the 'purple route' to the summit today. There was so little snow, we never touched our ice axes. Based on the trail, flagging, and cairns, this appears to be the most popular route to the summit. Road is open all the way to the 'trailhead', but low clearance vehicles will want to stop about 0.4 miles before this point.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Mount Phelps' main page