Mt. Dromedary Comments

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
mpbro

mpbro - Feb 8, 2002 3:36 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great work, Randy. Thanks for adding so many Utah mountains. The Wasatch range is no longer neglected!




Actually, although it's thin, this is not a bad page. You've got a minimal framework in place, and the info seems accurate.



Overview: Personally, I'd add a bit to the overview. Motivate us to climb it! Why this one and not another? Maybe look up some geology and put the peak in its place among nearby peaks and mountain ranges.



Getting there: You don't have to write a road atlas, but at least get me there from the nearest interstate, or preferably, the nearest airport.



Red Tape: What federal jurisdiction controls the peak? Certainly there is red tape; whether it is enforced or not depends on the gov't agency! Minimally, provide a link to that agency's page on permits and regulations.



When to Climb: You say that snowshoeing in the winter is not too difficult, but in the Red Tape section, you say that the road is closed during the winter. How much extra effort is involved during the winter to reach the summit. Road closures add distance, and the days are shorter in the winter, so this is crucial. Also, I'd like to see information on backcountry skiing if you have it.



Camping: At least find the link to the gov't agency that controls the area...



Again, good work. My criticisms are meant to be productive. If you have any questions, just reply to this post.



-Morgan

Popoff - Jan 9, 2003 7:18 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice photos.

Good job.

The Lower Marmot

The Lower Marmot - Oct 19, 2004 11:03 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Looks good! I may have to make this mountain a primary goal on the basis of its name alone.

Joseph Bullough

Joseph Bullough - Dec 17, 2004 9:01 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

One of my favorites in the Wasatch. Good job.

PellucidWombat

PellucidWombat - Feb 3, 2005 10:28 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice page - there's one thing you need to fix, though. The Topozone Map link is not set on Mt Dromedary! It takes you to some pt over Brighton.

rmjwinters

rmjwinters - Feb 6, 2005 3:28 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks, finally got around to fixing it.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Mt. Dromedary' main page