Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Johnba

Johnba - Sep 14, 2010 11:46 pm - Hasn't voted

Very Cool

Thanks for posting this Bill. Is this the last of the named peaks in Rawah to be featured on SP?

Bill Reed

Bill Reed - Sep 15, 2010 2:51 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Very Cool

Thanks, John. It might be the last "topo-named" peak over 12,000 in the Rawahs, but I think it's only the 3rd Rawah Pk on SP.

Johnba

Johnba - Sep 23, 2010 12:16 am - Hasn't voted

other un named 12ers?

Looks like there might be some climbable walls on a few of the un-named peaks in the area. Don't know if you camped at or near Twin Crater lakes but the peak and wall south west of the lakes looks awesome. Do you know of any info on technical routes in the area? You seem to be the resident Rawah/MB authority.

Bill Reed

Bill Reed - Sep 23, 2010 8:59 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: other un named 12ers?

Well, John, I'll tell ya. Don't know about any of the technical stuff. There's definitely some cool stuff in there between Clark and N Rawah!

We camped below Twin Crater on our recent trip, but the weather turned to shit and we didn't see anything because of the low clouds. I'd like to climb the unnamed 12,000+ peak just south and east of the lakes that I've dubbed "the Spinx".

Also, Cameron Peak is another named, 12,000 ft+ peak with no SP page.

Brian Kalet

Brian Kalet - Sep 24, 2010 1:24 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: other un named 12ers?

That peak is unofficially named "Dodad Peak". Between South Rawah Peak and Clark Peak, there is also "Lewis Peak", "Snowbank Peak", "Rawah Pyramid" & "Island Lake Peak". The rock is pretty loose up there, so it may not be the best place for technical climbing.

Bill Reed

Bill Reed - Sep 24, 2010 2:47 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: other un named 12ers?

Thanks for the info kalet! Hadn't heard the Dodad or Rawah Pyramid names before. I was thinking that I've seen Lewis Peak referred to as Sickle Mtn in the "Guide to the Colorado Mountains".

Johnba

Johnba - Sep 28, 2010 12:10 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: other un named 12ers?

Thanks a TON! "Rawah Pyramid" is the one i am thinking of. Looks like loose rock for sure. Thanks for the BETA

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'North Rawah Peak' main page