Schvondelagunst 5.7R

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 39.42240°N / 105.256°W
Additional Information Route Type: Technical Climb
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: 5.7R
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


From Cathedral Spires parking lot walk north on the road approx 150' to large slab boulder.

Route Description


This is a very run out climb but fun to warm up on before attempting one of it's larger friends up the hill


  • Start at the base of the slab, this trully is the crux of the climb is gaining access to the face.

  • there trully are no hand holds worth speaking of on here it's going to be all friction slab climbing. once youve gained access to the face trust your feet and go to the old bolt (old but stable)

  • continue up the slab and there is a second bolt, beyond that is run out but minimal chance of falling due to angle of the slab.... As stated this is a practice slab not a highly technical climb

  • top out and use natural anchors to Top Rope it or climb up and out of the wash and walk off the route.



I have used this climb to take my younger cousins to let them get they're feet off the ground for years. for technical climbers you will probably be dissapointed in it, but to the newbie it is a wonderful way to get an introduction to slab climbing (when top roped of course)

Essential Gear



  • 2 Quick Draws

  • 10' Sling

  • 2 Locking Carabiners


Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.