Mountet Route

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.04321°N / 7.68494°E
Additional Information Route Type: Ice Climbing
Seasons Season: Summer
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: PD +
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

The normal route from Grand Mountet Hut is the easiest from Anniviers Valley.
This climb can be used as replacement in the event of bad weather conditions preventing a route of greater scale (Obergabelhorn or Zinalrothorn).
Trifthorn

Getting There

Start point is the Grand Mountet Hut.Park after Zinal. Don't cross the barrier of the mountain pastures with the vehicle.
The hut can be reached from Zinal in 4 hours.
Trifthorn

Route Description

From the hut, follow the path on the right side of the moraine and take foot on the Mountet glacier tong.
Cross in NE direction the big crevasses near point 3364.
Cross the rimaye (often embarrassing )and climb a 5 meters high ice wall. The slope remains strong (50°) during 30 meters then softens (1 or 2 slope lengths to assure with ice-stitches). Turn left in direction Mountet collar and follow the NE ridge to the summit (30° icy slope). The last 50 meters are rocky (easy).
Trifthorn
Trifthorn, Mountet route

Essential Gear

Glacier basic gear, ice axe, crampons, stitches

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

TrifthornRoutes