Mt. Defiance is the highest...

Mt. Defiance is the highest...

Mt. Defiance is the highest point in the Columbia River Gorge, shown here.
Brian Jenkins
on Apr 10, 2002 4:45 pm
Image ID: 6404

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Bob Bolton

Bob Bolton - Apr 10, 2002 11:36 pm - Hasn't voted

When did you take this photo?

Hey Brian, this is from the Dog Mountain lower loop trail is it not? When did you shoot this? I was up there Saturday March 30. Any chance you were there that day?



Bob

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Apr 11, 2002 9:33 am - Hasn't voted

Re: When did you take this photo?

I took it on April 7, this past weekend. Was up there just doing some hikes to try to get in shape for the summer.



I went up the old steep trail and descended Dog Mountain on the Augsburger (?) trail (the one that kind of traverses the west side of the mountain) back to the trailhead. Took this on the descent about halfway back where you come to a small rock field. Too bad I missed you by a week, would've been fitting to meet you on a mountain!



-Brian

Bob Bolton

Bob Bolton - Apr 11, 2002 6:50 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: When did you take this photo?

Yeah, I did the same loop the week before. There was a group of folks ahead of me that I talked to a few times. I wondered if one of them might be rpc but didn't have the nerve to ask. We should plan a good hike up there sometime this spring. I'd like to do Augsberger (I've never done it) and Table Mountain (never done it either). There are several popular hikes on the Oregon side I've never done either. Have you ever done Eagle Creek to Tunnel Falls?



Bob

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Apr 12, 2002 10:50 am - Hasn't voted

Re: When did you take this photo?

I planned on doing at least 3 more hikes in the Gorge in May/early June for training: Hamilton Mountain, Table and Defiance (north side). We should definitely try to meet up for at least one. Augsberger looks good too. I've done about half the Hamilton (from Beacon Rock to the Falls area) one before and Dog on the Washington side. Only done Defiance (south side) and Angels Rest on the Oregon side.



I'm rock climbing at Vantage and Smith Rock the next two weekends but after that I'm relatively free. I'll email you in a couple weeks and let's plan something! Have a great weekend.



-Brian

Viewing: 1-4 of 4