Mt Somers Comments

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
ChristianRodriguez

ChristianRodriguez - Apr 27, 2009 9:08 pm - Voted 10/10

Great page

Thanks for show us this kind of mountains (ancient volcan) I love this kind of mountains, steep, great prominence and the summit offers great views to far far landscapes. Thanks a lot

Rick B

Rick B - Sep 23, 2010 6:45 am - Voted 10/10

Nice page

Thanks for adding! It's great to see all these typical NZ landscapes again, from the farming plains to beech forest to tussock hills. It would make a good first stop when getting out of Christchurch for tourists like me. I did a hike in this area in 2009, called the Washpen Falls, but this would have been a very good alternative too. This is precisely the kind of page that makes SP so useful to me.

Cheers,

Rick

vancouver islander

vancouver islander - Sep 23, 2010 2:57 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice page

Thanks Rick.
Your comments on usefulness are both timely and appropriate given the current crisis that SP seems to be going through. Too much crap and not enough quality have both contributed to a perceived loss in value of the site to some.
My aim is always to produce a page that gets the visitor to the mountain and tells him/her how to climb it. A simple enough requirement but missed by many. Glad to hear that you think that this page meets the basic criteria.
Somers is a lovely objective. I just wish the weather had been better. But you're an NZophile too, so you know how it is down there. Set off in warm sunshine, summit in a blizzard - and in the middle of summer!
Cheers, Martin

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Mt Somers' main page