Viewing: 1-5 of 5
CharlesD

CharlesD - Mar 18, 2005 8:18 am - Voted 8/10

Untitled Comment

Hi and welcome to SP. This is a good start and definitely an area (Michigan) that could use more attention. The Falls looks like an interesting place from a climbing point of view as well. And all this time, I thought Michigan was flat and boring! ;-)



That said, this page needs a good deal more information and work on the text. Fill in the sparse text you've got here with more details. Take a look at other similar pages (Smith Rocks, Seneca Rocks, for example) to see what kind and level of information is needed. Why should I visit Munsing Falls?



A few more concrete critiques; you need an elevation. Also, if you fill in a lat/long on the edit page, you'll get a link to a topozone map (a good way to find the elevation).



Again, good start, and I look forward to upping my vote.

sufferjoy

sufferjoy - Mar 18, 2005 2:16 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks,

Yeah... The first version of the page was kinda sloppy... I tried to add to it and improve it a bit, so check it out again and let me know what you think.

I will be improving it over time too...



Regards. Anton

Eric Sandbo

Eric Sandbo - Mar 19, 2005 5:20 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

I'm glad I waited before voting on your page. It looked pretty sparse at first, but you've dressed it up nicely. Thanks for the addition!

dwhike

dwhike - Mar 20, 2005 10:27 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Excellent Page, I spent a ton of time each summer hiking in the Pictured Rocks area but don't do any ice climbing. I was hoping someone would eventually create a page for (as word in the area goes) an increasingly popular place to go climbing. Great addition.

moonlightwanderer - Dec 28, 2008 1:43 am - Hasn't voted

found to be good reading

i've lived in the u.p. all my life and have always found it hard to find good sites relevant to me. i read the same backpacker article on the trap hills and i found all your info here to be a joy to read. about the pictured rocks.. i believe you can now camp away from designated sites, but just in the winter - as long as you keep your distance from main sites. thank you.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Munising Falls' main page