NE ridge from Mangart lakes

NE ridge from Mangart lakes

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 90.00000°N / 80°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Mountaineering, Scrambling
Seasons Season: Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up and easy climbing
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

The starting point is the park place by Mangart lakes. Then you follow the routes number 514 and 515.

Route Description

First you are walking on nice macadam road to the meadow Alpe del Lago (Jezerska dolina), 1006m.
a
The signpost above Alpe del Lago meadow.

Then you come to the signpost that you must turn right and you cross the pasture where you can see the hunting observatory. Then you walk in to the forest.Over the steep forest slopes you come on the pass Sella Colrotondo, 1400m.

a
The signpost on the Sella Colrotondo.

Then you continue and follow the route number 515 over the NE ridge on the S ridge of Picco di Mezzodi. First you walk in the forest then between dwarf pine and you must climb some parts in ravine before the S ridge.

a
The hardest place in NE ridge. It is steeper then it looks.

Then you ascend over the S ridge on the top of Picco di Mezzodi.


Essential Gear

Good hiking shoes. In Winter all equipment.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.