NE Ridge (Normal route)

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.23210°N / 6.85130°E
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


- Start point : Châtel.

- From Châtel, in the center of the village after the church, take the D 228 at the right direction Col de Bassachaux. After 10 km, you arrive to the village of alpine pasture Plaine Dranse. Park here.

Route Description


Take direction north the jeeptrail at the left over the road you came from. You are in the winter ski resort of Linga-Les Combes. Walk a little down, and in the first bend take the path at the right to les Combes d'en Bas (alpine pasture). Continue higher to les Combes d'en Haut. Continue straight forward (and not the evident path on the left direction Linga) on a less definite path to the collar (Pas des Combes 2048 m). From here you have a stunning view on the Dents du Midi, and down to Morgins (Switzerland). Continue, steeper on the right on the ridge and then on the east side of the Tête du Géant. Over some rocks (red marks) easy to climb you reech the summit.

The Pas des Combes can also be reached from Morgins (Switzerland) : After the chalets d'En Tey climb the steep slopes on the right through a small gully (not advisable, no track)

Essential Gear


No gear is necessary
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.