Nevado Mismi Comments

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Scott

Scott - Jul 15, 2005 10:06 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Welcome to Summitpost. This can be a useful page since not much is known of the mountains north of the Colca. Nice page.



A few suggestions:



It is very easy and not very interesting mountain - from the climbers' point of view



I take it that the mountain isn't very challenging. It looks pretty nice, scenery wise, but it is understandable that every mountain in the Andes can't be a Yerupaja. Perhaps consider changing "not very interesting" to "not very challenging". I've done quite a few mountains that aren't that interesting, but this one seems OK. Not challenging sounds better than not interesting, at least to me.



From plaza you go by the school and up in the direction of hill with cross.



Which direction? From the map, it is NW?



One final detail:



For a signature pic:



Hold the mouse over your best photo without clicking. An id number will appear. Go back to edit page and enter that id number into the appropriate section.



There are some minor typos such as We found there a water, begin of Amazon River should read "We found water that is the beginning of the Amazon River", but such minor sentence structure details aren't that important to myself.



Let me know if there is anything I can do to help out with a few things.

_________________________________________________



Edit: 4 stars!

Rice Climber

Rice Climber - Oct 19, 2005 4:36 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Thanks for posting this. I made it to the headwaters of the Amazon solo with the help of your page...



During the dry season (I was there in July 2005), it's really dry. The streams are flowing, water is coming out of the rock, but there are no lakes above the rock buttress. It is DRY up there!

cho_mik

cho_mik - Mar 23, 2006 1:36 pm - Hasn't voted

Photos

Waiting for some photos... :)

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Nevado Mismi' main page