Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Dec 31, 2011
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Winter

Hellhound Route

Since it's the last day of the year I thought I'd put in a trip report for this little hill that's provided me with so much over the years - this year especially. Excluding the 4 months of summer that I was out of commission due to a silly medical inconvenience, I averaged tagging the summit rock pile 6 times per week - roughly 190+ for the year. Some days were adventures but most were simple slogs to get the cobwebs out of my head and keep the joints from locking up.

Today I tagged out at the cairn then headed down the west slope to Esmeralda Golf Course before heading back up again to enjoy the last sunset of the year. I took time to reflect on the little inconveniences of the year and how they were far outweighed by the love and compassion of family and friends. I hope 2012 is every bit as good as was 2011...but with more summits of course :)

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Beacon HillTrip Reports