Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Dean

Dean - Apr 16, 2009 2:11 pm - Voted 10/10

Sad in a way

This was the way I went in (2003) and the road was paved for most of the distance until crossing onto Forest service land where it became dirt & gravel. I was able to drive to within a half mile from the top in my Honda Accord (added some good scratches though).

Redwic

Redwic - Apr 16, 2009 4:11 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Sad in a way

Feel free to add your name/recount of the events on this route's Summit Log. It could be helpful insight for others, or a flashback to better roads and times.

Dean

Dean - Apr 17, 2009 9:32 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Sad in a way

I've posted several pictures from my visit in 2003 to this page and to the Mt. Quiemuth page as well. My notes on this effort are entered below:
"A narrow paved road takes you around the mountain until you hit gravel at about the 6-mile mark. The key is finding the road that goes left off of the gravel road about a mile or so after you hit the gravel. You'll pass through another gate (open) and it'll be the first road that goes uphill to the left as the gravel road curves to the right (very overgrown but very doable for my Honda Accord - see previous reports). One more left uphill road will take you right up to the end of the road. The place I parked was slightly over 9+ miles from the gate and then a climb up to the ridge allowed me to access the high point."

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'NFD #74 Road (Old Standard Route)' main page