Normal Route

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 37.06670°N / 3.3667°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike, some scree and rocks close to the summit
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Use the road from Granada to Prado Llano, the industrial skiing area in the Sierra Nevada. From there, further up the road, you'll reach Hoya de la Mora (2.250m), where the trail begins just above the parking lots.

Route Description


The easiest, safest and least attractive way is to simply follow the road. An alternative is to use the trail which starts right at the control point (you'll remark a Madonna statue to your left: that's where you have to go to). The trail itself is not marked well and can be difficult to find during bad weather conditions. In parts, you will have to cross the road (which can be helpful for orientation). Once you are high above the skiing area and the new observatory, you can access the summit by a straight hike over scree and rocks.

Essential Gear


Depending on season and weather take appropriate hiking gear with you (boots, rain gear, map, compass, etc.)

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-1 of 1
Diego SahagĂșn

Diego SahagĂșn - Sep 22, 2004 12:58 pm - Hasn't voted

Route Comment

I thought that I should improve this page with more information about the route. As well, you could start higher, at Albergue Universitario (2.550 m).

Viewing: 1-1 of 1