Normal route

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.36000°N / 13.47000°E
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


You must ascend on Notch below Prestreljnik, 2282m. You can reach it from more sides.

1. From south side, from Slovenia. From the upper station (2200m) of cable-car from Bovec you start walking on the marked route to the Notch below Prestreljnik, 2282m.

2. From Sella Nevea (1195m), from north side,from Italia. To Rif. Gilberti (1850m) you can hike by a marked path (over ski slopes) or take a cable car. From the hut you proceed towards east, first some 100m down in the valley, then up to Prevala Pass, 2067m. And the more 200m to the notch. From Sella Nevea 4h, from Rif. Gilberti 2h 30min. This is also a very fine ski tour with 1300m altitude difference, where also the cable car to Rif. Gilberti can be used.

3. Prevala Pass and Notch below Prestreljnik can also be reached from Bovec (in Soca valley) or by one of paths crossing Kanin massif east of it. Very popular is ascend over by a nice marked route after Krnica valley which falls directly from Prevala pass in direction to the east.



Route Description


From Notch below Prestreljnik you start walking on a nice marked route on east slopes of Prestreljnik. The route crosses the slope from one side to other side and goes over some shelves. On the top you must be more careful because becomes more steep.

You descend by the same route.

Essential Gear


Good hiking shoes.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.