Normal way

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.51110°N / 11.73450°E
Additional Information Route Type: Climb
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: IV-
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


From Demetz hut go down passing below the Cinque dita group. Ascend the forcella between Cinque Dita and Grohman until you reach it (2785 m). About 1:30 from Demetz hut.

Route Description


From the forcella follow a small ledge towards NW until you reach the first tower. Below this tower travers towards the left. See the attached sketch.
Consider about three hours.

To decend follow the same route that you did to go up.


Essential Gear


This is a very summary representation. Just to give you the flavour and to provide you some key indications (vertical pitch, pitons, lengths, overall direction...).
If you want to go tehre please refer to books/guides to have a precise description. You can refere to the book "Sassolungo" written by Ivo Rabanser for the Club Alpino Italiano

You will need the Normal Climbing equipment (helmet, rope, harness, some friends/nuts, little ropes....). As usual bring hammer/pitons with you , there are not so many pitons in place.

Watch out it is a wild mountain. In case of bad weather can become dangerous

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.