Comments

Rob A

Rob A - Feb 28, 2006 5:54 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice..

...I was hopeing some one would do this list. If you want the HTML code from either the Catskills or ADK 100 list let me know and it's yours.
BTW does anyone consider MacNaughton, NY (4,000+ ft) a requirement for the NE 111 or 115 (116???) list. It is definitaly an interesting note that MacNaughton is forgotten by everybody.
Later, Rob

nartreb

nartreb - Mar 3, 2006 5:37 pm - Voted 10/10

maine corrections

1. The Granite State is New Hampshire. I believe Maine is the Pine Tree State.

2. Old Speck is to the west and south, not east, of practically everything else in Maine.

PS I don't know half the ranges on this page, but it looks like you're consistently using an image of the *second*-highest peak in each. Very refreshing.

nartreb

nartreb - Mar 3, 2006 7:34 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: maine corrections

Thanks. I always found that photo a little hazy and the light a little flat, but I guess the haze adds a sense of distance.

Old Speck is actually *in* the White Mountains, the AMC says it left it off that list because it's not in the White Mountain Natl Forest (and because it's in Maine). The Whites end at Grafton Notch, though there's some debate about exactly where to draw the line. After that, my map shows the name Blue Mountains, but that name seems to cover only an area southwest of Bigelow. The State of Maine officially declared all its mountains the "Longfellow Mountains", but nobody uses that name. "Granite Mountains" is new to me, though I don't get to Maine very often.

nartreb

nartreb - Mar 26, 2006 6:45 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Complete

OK, here you go: the cabin on Cabot is not an AMC hut, it's run by the Jefferson Boy Scouts. Also, the most popular (and shortest) trail now that most of the Cabot trail is closed is the Bunnell Notch trail from the east (though the KKRidge trail from the north is much more scenic).
For Tripyramid, the Tripyramid Trail, a loop that includes both (all three) peaks and both slides, is probably the most popular route. It's long, and not a great idea in winter (the slides can be dangerous), but you haven't really climbed these peaks if you haven't hiked the slides.

injektilo

injektilo - Mar 27, 2006 2:15 pm - Voted 10/10

Wow..

Awesome page! One of the best Eastern pages I've seen on here. Great Job.

desainme

desainme - Mar 27, 2006 4:17 pm - Voted 10/10

Kool page

I guess I need to climb a few more of these. Cannon doesn't count because I only climbed to the top of the cliff- never made it to the tippy top. Nice addition.

WalksWithBlackflies

WalksWithBlackflies - Mar 27, 2006 5:01 pm - Voted 10/10

10 Stars!

This page must have taken a few minutes to put together! Excellent job. 10/10 :-)

Rob A

Rob A - Apr 11, 2006 6:49 pm - Voted 10/10

Freaking Sweet!!!!

The page is great. You should be proud that you have created the best page in the world with Information on the NE 115. Google shows this page as #2! It is an invaluable addition to SP. Good Job. It is pages like these that make SP the best website in the world.
Now that you have written about all 115, you should sign all the summit logs!!!

Later, Rob

Rob A

Rob A - Apr 11, 2006 7:22 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Freaking Sweet!!!!

I tried but couldn't highlight more than one state at a time in the state section. Not a big deal since the page seems to be getting plenty of hits anyway, but how do I correct this? You've obvioulsy accomplished that on the A.T. page.

Use the control key to highlight more that one state. So hold down the control key and click on NY contiue to hold control as you click on each state.

but what would you think of a Gunks mountain bike trip report on your Gunks page? I did Minnewaska last week and probably Mohonk tomorrow. It's a "climber" page and I can't decide if it would be a lame-ass contribution or not. Be honest.
I would say go right a head, it would provide a whole new view of the gunks for SPers. It is up to the members if it is "lame-ass" or not. And get some pictures, the gunks need pictures and I can't there before May.
Later, Rob

Rob A

Rob A - May 2, 2006 12:28 pm - Voted 10/10

102 out of 115

The children list shows 102 mountains.
Which mountains are missing on SP?

Andinistaloco

Andinistaloco - Oct 2, 2006 10:44 pm - Voted 10/10

Very nice!

Impressive job here... good info, great pictures, all put together well. Rock on... I'd give this one an 11 if it was available!

TLP

TLP - Dec 2, 2006 11:59 pm - Voted 10/10

Just realized that I never voted on this page

I go to this page a lot. It's great. As long as I live in the NE, I'll try and hammer away at completing this list. I'm proud to say that I at least got the top ten in the list.

weeds19

weeds19 - Feb 7, 2007 4:08 pm - Voted 10/10

Very good page

Tons of information arranged in an easy to access manner. Thanks for taking the time to put together this great page!

CookieMonster

CookieMonster - Aug 1, 2007 1:51 am - Voted 10/10

Nice Page

You captured tons of important information on the Adirondacks. Definately makes me want to go back there, where I started.

nartreb

nartreb - Aug 23, 2007 9:31 am - Voted 10/10

2 extra peaks?

Snow Mountain (chain of ponds) and nearby unnamed "Boundary Peak" are attached to this page - why?

PS Old Speck needs to be added as a Child so it will show up on the interactive map.

desainme

desainme - Aug 24, 2007 9:26 pm - Voted 10/10

Might as well keep

Boundary Peak because it is the highest point on the Canadian Border between Eastport Maine and Whitlash Montana a distance of about 3000 miles.

tioga

tioga - May 3, 2008 3:39 pm - Voted 10/10

Informative

I love this list. I have done a few of these mountains, but would love to get back to the northeast and do a few more. Would you mind if I attached a few pictures to this page?

Return to '' main page