Northeast Ridge

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 39.99460°N / 105.6836°W
Additional Information Route Type: Ridge Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Class 3 - 5.0
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

From the Fourth of July trailhead, follow Arapahoe Pass trail and the same approach as to Jasper's Northeast Slopes to the unamed lake at 11500'.

Route Description

From the unamed lake at 11500', angle west up the talus to the saddle in the Northeast Ridge. Follow the ridge 0.5 miles to the summit.

This can be class 3 if you go around the three humpbacks on the ridge, or 5.0 if you go straight up and over them. This is handy, I went the hard way going up and the easy way on the descent. The middle humback has the coolest moves- four body lengths of big jugs on solid rock.

This took three hours from the trailhead to the summit. Bring a headlamp and do it after work!

Essential Gear

There is no need to rope up for this route.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.