Northeast Route- Kaiser Peak

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 37.30000°N / 119.183°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Additional Information Difficulty: Class 1-2
Sign the Climber's Log

Driving

You can drive to parking near by taking 168 to Huntington Lake and going over Kaiser Pass. Turn left onto a dirt Forest Service Road and proceed to Parking lot.

Hiking

Hike south on the California Hiking and Riding trail to Round Meadow. Turn Right onto the George Lake Trail. Skirt the norht shore of George Lake off trail and come to a vegetated gully between Kaiser Peak and unamed peak. A use trail exists. At the top, turn right onto the Kaiser Loop Trail. A short trail connects the loop trail to the summit. The hike is approximately 5 miles each way.

From the Summit

On clear days you can see far into the Central Valley and possibly El Capitan and the Northwest Face of Half Dome. To the East you can see the Sierra Crest.

Camping

The best spot is George Lake. A Wilderness Permit is required. Get it at Prather on 168.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.