Northern Ridge - Scala 'e Pradu

Northern Ridge - Scala 'e Pradu

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 40.24270°N / 9.43160°E
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-Up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


From Oliena follow the signs towards Monte Maccione. The road winds through Oliena before climbing steeply towards Supramonte. At the restaurant "Monte Maccione" - which can be used as a base for climbing Punta Carabidda and Punta Ortu Camminu - look for a parking place for your car.

Route Description


Monte Corrasi photo_id=93587

Altitude Gain: 900m
Duration: 3h 30min
Difficulty: Hike and Scramble
Trailhead: Restaurant "Monte Maccione"

The first part of the normal ascent is a hike along a rarely frequented forest road. It starts from the trailhead at restaurant Monte Maccione and follows the road for some 500m. Here a path to the left of the road makes for a shorter ascent but finally joins the road again after 3km. Follow the road to its end at Scala 'e Pradu. It winds through beautiful meadows with beautiful old oaks.

At Scala'e Pradu turn right on a marked trail which heads along above the towers of the Monte Corrasi west face. It soon turns east and then winds steeply towards the summit, always keeping on the eastern side of the ridge. The final ascent runs along a east westerly direction.

You can combine this route with the one along Monte Corrasi's southern ridge. Do the loop by ascending from the north and descending towards the south. Orientation on the southern ascent is very difficult.

Essential Gear


Hiking gear is sufficient. If you think of combining this route with the route along the southern ridge bring a compass and/or a GPS (if you have one).


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.