Northwest Face Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
DougHemken

DougHemken - Aug 22, 2017 2:44 pm Date Climbed: Aug 14, 2017

Heads up scramble  Sucess!

A rope, a light rack, and a partner would really open up the possibilities.

rasgoat

rasgoat - Nov 24, 2012 3:01 pm

Fun!  Sucess!

Good wall. Went left of the hand and found one short expose fifth class move near the bottom. After the bottom, easy routefinding and no more than fourth class. Bailed on the traverse due to time and storms rolling in early during the prior days. Wet Hourglass descent the toughest part for us!

SarahThompson

SarahThompson - Mar 1, 2009 10:08 pm Date Climbed: Feb 28, 2009

Winter Ascent  Sucess!

My 2nd ascent of this route, but first time in winter. Roped up at the hand and climbed protected all the way to the summit (mix of simulclimbing and belayed climbing). Steep 4th class terrain with snow and a little ice. Descended the Hourglass route. 18 hours car to car. By far my most serious winter climb to date.

Dropmo40

Dropmo40 - Oct 31, 2008 2:32 am Date Climbed: Aug 27, 2008

I can see my house(tent) fro up here  Sucess!

enjoyable

chicagotransplant

chicagotransplant - Aug 12, 2007 9:12 pm Date Climbed: Aug 11, 2007

Interesting route finding  Sucess!

Climbed with Jamie Nellis. Intersting route finding, some parts harder than expected and others easier. I'm not sure if we went entirely the easiest way up the headwall near the "black hand", 1 or 2 moves in particular felt 5th class. We went around it to the right side. The face leading to the wall below the ridge was very loose talus.

One section just below the ridge crest where we bypassed a gendarme near the ridge crest had a very narrow and exposed ledge, then the ridge crest itself was fun and airy. Too bad it started raining so we couldn't enjoy it fully!

shanahan96

shanahan96 - Feb 5, 2007 3:27 am Date Climbed: Jul 25, 2006

northwest face  Sucess!

climbed the face before traversing to blanca. it was a nice, long scramble but wasn't spooky like expected.

jamie

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Northwest Face' main page