NW ridge

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.73000°N / 8.68000°E
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: F
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


From the post office in Bristen, follow the yellow marker to the steep path to Bristenstäfeli. The good and marked path continues to Blackialp and Bristenhüttli.

Bristenhüttli can also be reached from Meitschligen (in the Reuss valley, above Amsteg). There's a good path until Bristenberg (1391 m), but from here to Langlaui (1854 m) the path is very poor and hardly visible in some places.

Route Description


From Bristenhuettli, climb over rubble in direction southwest. The ridge is reached near Gemsplanggenstoeckli (2418 m). Follow this ridge with some easy climbing. Most difficulties can be avoided on the west side. Shortly before the summit, the NE and the NW ridges come together.

This route is hardly more difficult than the normal route, but there's no path and alost no cairns.

Essential Gear


Normal hiking gear, sturdy boots and sufficient water.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

BristenRoutes