1. The German name is Krähenstein (DE): http://www.ebay.de/itm/AK-Siebenbuergische-Karpathen-Kraehenstein-Jaenner-1917-/310896367621?clk_rvr_id=635837796177&nma=true&si=WMNnl5YqfHF50U67mPp8vVnIl50%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
2. Best online free downloadable resources (Guidebook - Romanian - 2 vols. & Map): https://sites.google.com/site/romanianatura7/home/carpatii-meridionali/ciucas/ghid-muntii-ciucas
3. Latest (2009) paper 1:30 000 map: http://www.himalaya.ro/en/produs/harta-muntii-ciucas-belalpin--1292/
4. The distance from Cheia to Muntele Rosu hut is 7.7 km: 4.4 km on DN 1A and 3.3 km on a road that WAS asphalted (this 3.3 km road is VERY bad now!): http://www.jeka.ro/Distanta-Cheia_Muntele%20rosu.aspx
5. There are buses from Brașov (Poienelor) to Săcele (Garaj): http://autobuze.blogspot.ro/p/sacele.html
You should add 30 min. to the departure hours given in the table, to find out the departure hours from Brașov (Poienelor).
6. The closest railway stations are in Dârste, Măneciu and Întorsura Buzăului.
7. Best weather forecast for Ciucaș: http://freemeteo.ro/weather/ciucas/7-days/list/?gid=681487&language=english&country=romania
8. Babarunca on the national road 1A Braşov-Cheia, at 908 m.
ad1. Are you sure? http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krähenstein
Please have a look here:http://www.mountex.sk/produkt/80101-065-0/_konigstein_-_bucegi_-_schuller_grossstein_-_tschukasch
But your contribution is very precious. I´ve submitted it as an External link...
ad2. Thanks a lot for these extremely interesting links. Are you able to translate the most important infos? It would be great:D BTW: I didn't know about Capatini de Zahar - a peculiar needle, part of Tigaile Mari...
ad3. Now have a look at Chapter 2 (also very precious contribution)
ad5. Link to this timetable submitted.
Thanks a million for your great effort in improving this page. Please, check it again...
1. Look here, official newspaper of german minority in RO: http://www.adz.ro/artikel/artikel/wandern-der-kraehenstein/
2. It's huge information to transate from here: https://sites.google.com/site/romanianatura7/home/carpatii-meridionali/ciucas/ghid-muntii-ciucas
(By the way - The link provided by You in the article has an error!)
My english is quite poor. If You really need some information to be translated, please try to be more specific. Thanx!
3. More information about 1:30 000 BEL ALPIN map: http://www.karpatia.ro/ (search: ciucas)
Hopefully, now it is OK...